If you are trying to shift your business online then the first thing that comes into mind is which Is The Best Option Saas or PaaS or IaaS? And the results may leave you confused between understanding the SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS.
If so then don’t get confused because you are in the right place. We can assure you after reading this article all your queries regarding cloud computing will be solved.
If you are not familiar with all these (Saas, PaaS, and IaaS), nothing to worry about, because we’re going to cover up all these in this article, and right after the article, everything will be crystal clear to you.
All the cloud platforms enable you to set up your business online. Although all are different from each other and the functionalities are also different. So without getting delayed just start the topic about Which is the best option SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS with the advantages and disadvantages?
Companies Using Platforms & Which Is The Best Option SaaS or PaaS or IaaS?
Before we take you to the ride of SaaS or PaaS or IaaS, you should understand which giant companies are using which platform. Find the example below for each cloud computing:
SaaS – Companies like Cisco WebEx, Google Apps, Hubspot, Dropbox, Mailchimp, ZenDesk, Salesforce using SaaS platforms.
PaaS – Companies Magento Commerce Cloud, OpenShift, Windows Azure, AWS Elastic beanstalk, Force.com uses PaaS platform.
IaaS – Google Compute Engine, Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Magento 1 depends on IaaS.
Best Option SaaS or PaaS or IaaS?
Generally, online computing is divided into three categories and we are going to elaborate on each one below.
SaaS: Software as a Service
Software as a service (SaaS) that works as a software distributor models. One of the software gets installed on the SaaS service and then any of the users can take access to it by using the browsers.
In this method, the end-users don’t require to download and install the software on their personal computer. Instead of that, the same file can be accessed by any users who are on the same network.
Third-party companies who provide the software, contact the cloud computing companies such as Saas to host the application there. An end-user doesn’t have to think about the infrastructure and setup because these platforms depend on the internet mainly.
Advantage Of SaaS:
- Infrastructure is not required as it works on the browsers.
- Save IT team cost, and work smoothly.
- Anyone from the same credential is able to access the data.
- You can access the documents from any computer, as long as you have the credentials.
The disadvantage of SaaS:
- End-users have no control over the server so if something goes wrong then the only thing you have to do is WAIT.
- Lack of data security because all comes from the servers and goes into the server.
- Lack of performance because everything works on the browser so sometimes it may reflect a lack of performance.
PaaS: Platform as a Service
PaaS is a platform that enables you to develop any kind of application, database management, middleware, or analytics. Using PaaS cloud computing enables you to build software on the cloud server.
For this, you have not required a set of computers, servers, and heavy storage devices because everything happens online here. For developing big software such as operating systems, heavy databases you will be required a heavy system, but PaaS made it easy for the users. Your data will be stored on the internet.
These kinds of cloud computing support multiple languages. You can give a hand to all these if you need to. The only problem with the PaaS system is, nothing will be in your hand, so if anything goes unexpectedly then you won’t be able to do anything.
Advantage Of PaaS:
- Users can build multiple different projects using PaaS, as it supports various languages.
- No need to keep a server or storage device locally, as all the datastore on the cloud server.
- Files and documents can be accessed by multiple users.
- Budget-friendly, multiple device support (Mobile, Desktop)
Disadvantage of PaaS:
- Users should be familiar with the coding skills to work on the PaaS.
- If you are stuck somewhere on technical stuff, you hardly get any customer support.
- Less control over the server, so for any server issues you can’t do anything.
- Multiple users on the shared server.
IaaS: Infrastructure as a Service
IaaS works on the pay-as-you-use model so it can be useful for all types of business (Small, Medium, or Large) in these platforms you pay-as-you-go storage. So it opens the windows for the business to take the required space from the IaaS.
Using the IaaS on the business enables you to access the computing infrastructure such as operating systems, servers, storage, network, through virtualization technology.
As in the SaaS and PaaS, everything is managed by the providers but here in the IaaS client takes the responsibility to manage all the things such as applications, middleware, OSes, runtime, and data.
But the hardware parts like hard drives, network infrastructures, storage, and virtualization are managed by the service providers.
Advantage of IaaS:
- IaaS enables pay-as-you-go storage for the users.
- Handy for all kinds of businesses.
- Highly scalable and more flexible.
- Resources can be purchased as the user’s requirements.
- Pay only for that, you used.
The disadvantage of IaaS:
- You still would need the technical team to manage all these pieces of stuff.
- Security at risk because all the data stores on the cloud-based server so security threats are always at risk.
- Lack of flexibility over the data.
Which Is The Best Option SaaS or PaaS or IaaS?
As of now, we have covered all details about SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. All three platforms provide you with different types of services but there is one thing that is common and that is, all the platforms provide you cloud-based service which can be used for different types of purposes.
So there is nothing to choose the best one among these, though the purpose of these is separate from each other. We can only say that you can choose the one according to your business requirements and needs.
In this post, we have converted everything related to SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. We have elaborate to you the use of each with advantages and disadvantages.
As all three platforms provide you online cloud-based service which is highly capable to provide you best cloud computing solutions for your business. So you can understand Which Is The Best Option SaaS or PaaS or IaaS.